Is Computer-Based testing Right For Me?
You may want to consider computer-based testing (CBT) if you want to
- read and answer selected-response questions on computer;
- type your responses to the constructed-response assignment(s) on the test;
- take the test in Georgia in Albany, Atlanta, Augusta, Macon, or Savannah;
- take the test outside of Georgia;
- take the test on a weekday or Saturday;
- take the test on a day or in a month when there is no scheduled paper-based test administration;
- schedule your test appointment for a time that is convenient for you.
The following GACE tests are now offered on computer in addition to the regularly scheduled paper-based test administrations:
- Basic Skills (Tests I, II, and III)
- Middle Grades Reading
- Middle Grades Science
- Professional Pedagogy (Tests I and II)
- Science (Tests I and II)
- Special Education General Curriculum (Tests I and II)
- Special Education Adapted Curriculum (Tests I and II)
Before registering for a computer-based test, you should note the following:
- There is an additional computer-based testing fee of $30 per test appointment.
- Registration for computer-based testing is by Internet only; payment must be made by VISA or MasterCard.
- Test appointments are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis, and seating is limited.
- You must wait 30 days after taking a computer-based test before retaking the same test on computer.
Evaluation Systems, Pearson, P.O. Box 226, Amherst, MA 01004