Select from the following links to view or print test preparation information for the GACE Basic Skills assessment. After opening a PDF document, you may click on the "Bookmarks" tab to view online navigation available as bookmarks.
- Assessment Preparation Worksheet (2 pages)
- Mapping the Test Framework to Courses Taken
- Analyzing Test Results for Candidates Retaking a Test
Sample Questions and Assignments
- Test I (Reading) Sample Questions (10 pages)
- Test II (Mathematics) Sample Questions (8 pages)
- Test III (Writing) Sample Questions (6 pages)
- Test III (Writing) Sample Constructed-Response Assignment (12 pages)
- Assessment Reference Materials (3 pages)
View, Print, or Download Complete Preparation Materials
Click the links below to view, print, or download complete preparation materials for this field, including the test design and framework and preparation guide. Note that the preparation guide contains Test I, Test II, and Test III sample questions and assignments.
- Preparing for the Test (5 pages)
- Basic Skills Preparation Guide (45 pages)
- Test Design and Framework (6 pages)
It is recommended that individuals using a dial-up connection save these PDF files to their computer before opening them in Acrobat Reader. To save a file to your hard drive, right click with your mouse on the link. Select "Save Target As..." and save the file to your hard drive. Then open the file from your hard drive.
Evaluation Systems, Pearson, P.O. Box 226, Amherst, MA 01004