The following GACE tests are offered on computer in addition to the regularly scheduled paper-based test administrations:
- Basic Skills Test I—Reading (200)
- Basic Skills Test II—Mathematics (201)
- Basic Skills Test III—Writing (202)
- Middle Grades Reading (012)
- Middle Grades Science (014)
- Professional Pedagogy Test I (171)
- Professional Pedagogy Test II (172)
- Science Test I (024)
- Science Test II (025)
- Special Education General Curriculum Test I (081)
- Special Education General Curriculum Test II (082)
- Special Education Adapted Curriculum Test I (083)
- Special Education Adapted Curriculum Test II (084)
Computer-based testing (CBT) is available during select testing windows at Pearson Professional Centers in Georgia and outside of Georgia. Refer to "Test Dates for Computer-Based Testing" for a list of the testing windows currently open for registration and to "Test Sites for Computer-Based Testing" for information about available test centers across the United States.
Registration. Registration for computer-based testing is available only on the Internet by selecting "Register Now" on the GACE Web site. There is an additional computer-based testing fee of $30 per test appointment. The following guidelines apply to computer-based testing registration:
- For assessments with multiple tests, you may register to take one or all of the tests in one CBT registration. All tests you select in one registration will be administered in one test session, the length of which is determined by the selected test(s). Once you have registered, you may not change your test selection for that one test session unless you withdraw your registration and register again. (See "Test Selection for Computer-Based Testing" for more information about test sessions and registration.)
- You should plan to register as early as possible before your desired testing window. Test appointments are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- You may not take the same computer-based test more than once in any 30-day period.
Test administration. In computer-based testing, examinees complete the tests by selecting answers on-screen to selected-response questions and typing responses to constructed-response assignments. See "Reporting to the Test Site for Computer-Based Testing," "What to Bring to the Test Site for Computer-Based Testing," and "Test Site Rules" for details about the day of the test, including information about identification and security policies.
Score reporting. Unofficial test results for the tests containing only selected-response questions (e.g., Basic Skills Test I—Reading, Basic Skills Test II—Mathematics) will be provided at the test center at the conclusion of your test. For all tests, score reports will be released on the score report date for the testing window. See "Test Dates for Computer-Based Testing" for score report dates and "Release of Your Test Scores" for additional information on score reporting.
Copyright © 2013 Pearson Education, Inc. or its affiliate(s). All rights reserved.
Evaluation Systems, Pearson, P.O. Box 226, Amherst, MA 01004